Local Laws of the City of New York
New York City has several laws pertaining to energy and water conservation measures as well as air quality. The following are few of them:
- Local Law 21: Roof coating standards.
- Local Law 43: Use of clean heating oil.
- Local Law 47: Reducing unnecessary artificial lighting in lobbies and hallways.
- Local Law 48: Energy efficiency in commercial buildings.
- Local Law 84: Benchmarking the energy and water efficiency in buildings.
- Local Law 85: Enactment and update of the New York city energy conservation code.
- Local Law 86: Green building standards for certain capital projects.
- Local Law 87: Energy audits and retro-commissioning of base building systems of certain buildings and retro-fitting of certain city-owned buildings.
- Local Law 88: Upgrade of lighting systems and the installation of sub-meters in certain buildings.